January 09, 2012

Something new...

I guess it's high time I started a blog.  Trust me to be one of the last holdouts in blogging.  It just takes me a while to decide I want to try something new. 

Life here at Greyhound Bend moves right along.  The greyhounds are hanging in there, right now, Brigid, my heartgirl, is sacked out next to me on the bed with Pixie the Piddle Pup at my feet and Dusty cat padding on my arm.  I guess they all like their momma today - at least so far... they hav en't gotten into trouble - so far today, but it's still early.

Been doing a lot of knitting.  My BFF Anita gave me a ton of yarn for Christmas, and one of the things i've been working on is a shrug to fit my plus sized body and keep me warm on those  chilly mornings when Comp hasn't gotten the fire started yet.  It's coming along nicely.  I am almost finished with the part that goes across my back and am ready to start the second sleeve.  It's a dropped stitch pattern, pretty much of my own devising, with nice wide cuffs and very full sleeves (to help hide my fat arms).  The yarn is some mohair/wool blend with some sivler threads shot thru it in a blue and grey color.  Very fuzzy and a bit thicker than my usual sock yarn (I mostly knit socks, this shrug is a new venture).  I can't wait to have it finished so that I can concentrate on my socks again.  A girl can never have too many socks. 

Dusty LOVES the shrug.  If I am working on it, he can be found sitting on top of it, padding and nursing until I have to chase him off so I can turn the work (it's getting a bit wieldy now).  If he isn't careful, I'm gonna stick is little self inside the sleeve and see what happens.  He will probably just go to sleep, and then I will never get to wear it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment